Do you have heavy legs?
When? What are the complications of these disorders? How to treat them?
This article will explain
What does it mean "Heavy Legs"?It's a heavy feeling in the legs, normally in the second part of the day and evening. It is more or less painful depending on the subject. It may be accompanied by unpleasant tingling, or feelings of swollen ankles, and is sometimes associated with cramps. It can be simple functional symptoms or signs associated with real venous insufficiency.
CausesThe varicose veins of the lower limbs can be primary (without launching cause) or secondary to a thrombosis (obstruction). Before thinking about a clinical description of the troubles observed during the venous insufficiency of the lower limbs, the doctor starts with a “cross-examination” in order to find why the varicose veins have appeared. Possible causes are: tobacco - weight excess - heat - heridity - pregnancy - job - bad habits.
Special case : pregnancy
This is explained by several mechanisms:
- Hormonal changes during pregnancy resulting in ease of venous distension and decreased venous tone;
- Increased venous pressure, increased volume of the uterus (especially significant in the third trimestre) obstructing the venous return of blood from the legs to the heart in the venous system.
The symptoms are variable and fickle, but we can notice :
- Swelling of the ankle : in about half of pregnant women.
- Varicose veins, sometimes regressing after delivery (within 3 months of it) , unless they previously existed.
- DVT in less than 1 % of cases (so rare) , but to which we must always remember, because pulmonary embolism is the second cause of death among pregnant women.
ComplicationsVaricose veins can cause other problems in the long-run due to the fragility of their walls, associated with some degree of blood stasis. This is varicose ulcer and thrombophlebitis.
- Varicose ulcer
It may appear after minimal trauma (small shock against a chair or furniture leg). The appearance of the ulcer base may be purulent (local infection) or red and granular (in the process of healing). Leg ulcers can evolve and become chronic, where the appearance is thicker, red-purple and with hard edges.
- Superficial thrombophlebitis
In your beauty centerIn order to avoid the symptoms of heavy legs, Nadine Salembier propose you the treatment "Heavy Legs" to discover in your beauty salon (Brussels or Comines).
- Objective: To improve circulatory failure.
- Actions: A veinodilatation and venoconstriction of venous walls is caused to drain the blood flow and improve the tone of the walls. The valves of the veins will be able to prevent the blood from flowing or stagnating.
At homeFor your home-routine treatments, Nadine Salembier has developed the Cryogel in order to ease and provide you well-being to the heavy legs.
Don’t hesitate to contact us if you need some advice.
Related Beauty Tips
Giving new life is probably the most extraordinary event in the life of a woman, but it is not without ...
The first visible signs of time occur in the neck, the eyes and hands.Hereditary characters and constitution ...
It can be unpleasant to see cellulite where it was not before. Poor diet, lack of exercise ... There ...
Pregnancy, gaining or losing weight rapidly... There are many reasons for the appearance of unsightly ...
Dryness, roughness, thick skin... Our elbows, ankles and knees are paying the price! Thicker and durable, ...
The breasts are supported and suspended on a natural bra from the neck, chin and shoulders. These support ...
Hair removal has become trendy these years. Indeed, we are looking for a soft and smooth skin, without ...